One of my favorite personal finance writers to follow is Jean Chatzky. If you are planning to attend #FinCon13, then you are going to have the chance to hear her speak because she is one of the keynote speakers. Jean is an award-winning personal finance journalist, the financial editor of the TODAY Show, a best selling author and the host of Money Matters with Jean Chatzky.
If you follow me on social media, then you probably saw that Jean was nice enough to ask me to publish a guest post for her last month called, “Vacation Not in the Budget? Try a Staycation.” If you haven’t read the article yet, you should head over and check it out.
Recently, Jean launched Money School which is designed to help you take control of your finances with simple, inexpensive, virtual classes. The idea behind these classes is perfect for learning, because they allow you to interact with questions you might have. The one-hour live class will include a 45 minute lecture given by Jean, and then she will open it up for a 15 minute question and answer session. The week after the class, Jean and the Money School team will hold virtual office hours, which will allow you to ask any questions that you didn’t have a chance to get answered.
Jean Chatzky Money School Classes
- September 10, 2013 – Jumpstart Your Finances (How Even Beginners Can Take Financial Control)
- September 17, 2013 – Budgeting Bootcamp
- October 1, 2013 – The Debt Diet (Pay It Down! And Build Your Credit Up)
- October 8, 2013 – A Crash Course in Saving More (and Spending Less)
- October 15, 2013 – Yes, You Can Retire
- October 22, 2013 – Protect Your Financial Life
Jean has been nice enough to offer one of my readers a free class of their choice. The winner will be able to pick one of the six classes that will best help them with their finances. To get signed up just follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter form below.
Latest posts by Sean Bryant (see all)
- Fuel the Flame Without Breaking the Bank: A Guide for Dating in College - September 29, 2016
- 4 Last Minute Ways to Fill Your Travel Fund - September 28, 2016
- Plan in your 20s and Benefit in Retirement - September 23, 2016