One of the biggest things I love about being my own boss is that I can dictate what things I work on and when I do them. The only problem is, I try and pile way too much on my plate and I tend to feel the stress of that every day.
If you are anything like me, you need to be able to find an outlet which allows you to be able to reset your body. My reset button just happens to be outdoor sports. Whether it’s taking an afternoon and heading up to the mountains to go snowboarding or just hopping on my bike in the heat of the summer. One way or another you need to have a way to relax or the chances are high that you will burnout.
This week my wife and I are heading back to Iowa and I am going to be doing two days of RAGBRAI. RAGBRAI is a bike ride across Iowa that I have been doing each of the past few years. Each of the small towns come out and celebrate the thousands of riders that come through each day. Two full days of food, beer gardens and biking are going to be well deserved and needed for myself.
So the next time you start feeling stressed or overwhelmed with what you are doing just remember to take a break and do something for yourself. This can be something over a couple hours or a couple of days. Just make sure to do something that helps you relax and resets your body.
Here are some of the top personal finance articles for this week.
- Hank presents Five Ways To Save Money At The Movie Theater This Summer posted at Money Q&A.
- Jeff Rose presents How to Appeal Your Property Tax Assessment posted at Good Financial Cents.
- FMF presents The 52 Best Money Saving Tips, Ideas #30 through #26 posted at Free Money Finance.
- Echo presents 35 Ways To Save Money posted at Boomer & Echo.
- Jeremy presents How Airline Credit Cards Cost You More posted at Modest Money.
- Daisy presents Somebody Stole My Wallet posted at Add Vodka.
- Philip presents Road Trip Car Rental: Is It Better to Rent a Car or Drive Your Own? posted at PT Money Personal Finance.
- Glen Craig presents TrueEarnings Credit Card from Costco and American Express – Review posted at Free From Broke .
- Bob presents 7 Places To Hide Cash In Your Home posted at ChristianPF.
- Jen presents Moving in July-Escaping the Crappy Apartment posted at Master the Art of Saving.
- Passive Income Earner presents When To Consider Life Insurance posted at The Passive Income Earner.
- John presents US Bank Internet Banking posted at Married with Debt.
- Crystal presents Is Your Television Making You Poor? posted at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff.
- Amanda L Grossman presents Ways to Take Advantage of Back to School Sales Even if You Don’t have Kids posted at Frugal Confessions.
- Daniel presents How Often Should You Check Your Investment Accounts? posted at Sweating the Big Stuff.
- A Blinkin presents How I Got Engaged: A Love-Love Story Part II posted at Funancials.
- Maria presents What you are worth and six strategies to increase your value posted at The Money Principle.
- Invest It Wisely presents Are People Shooting Themselves in the Foot With Income Reports? posted at Invest It Wisely.
- Eddie presents Escape Living Paycheck to Paycheck Rut posted at Finance Fox.
- Aloysa presents Why We Lie About Money posted at My Broken Coin.
- Sustainable PF presents How to Negotiate Anything posted at Sustainable Personal Finance.
- Jason presents 5 Reasons to Buy a Home in This Market posted at Work Save Live.
- Tushar presents Do You Know Enough to Be a Successful Stock Market Investor? posted at Start Investing Money.
- Darwin presents Are You Able to be Happy for Friends and Family That are Wildly Successful? posted at Darwin’s Money .
- Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey presents Sensible Spending and Saving For You And Your Family posted at My Personal Finance Journey.
- Young presents How To Get Your Employer to Pay For School posted at Young And Thrifty.
- Teacher Man presents The GPA Crush of First Year posted at My University Money.
- Miranda Marquit presents Simple Tips for Creating a Budget You Can Stick To posted at ReadyForZero Blog.
- SB presents Ways to Reduce Summer Energy Bill posted at One Cent at a Time.
- Steve Zussino presents Why Kickstarter is overrated as an investment posted at Canadian Personal Finance.
- Jason presents Expensive Cheese posted at Live Real, Now.
- Kurt Fischer presents Rapid Rescore = $$$ posted at Money Counselor.
- Roshawn Watson presents Your Financial Crisis Manual posted at Watson Inc.
- Emily presents Double Check that Your Meal Plan Isn’t Screwing You posted at Evolving Personal Finance.
- Lance presents Passive Income: Not As Passive As You Think posted at Money Life & More.